Saturday, April 28, 2007

What is a good metal polish?

I love Mothers Mag Polish for this, and its fairly expensive but it lasts awhile. Also, they have Mothers Billet polish which is even better, but about twice as expensive. Both work very well, and even restore SOME oxidized metals. I mainly use this on exhaust tips and SOME chrome wheels.

For the exhaust tips, I take a fair amount of the product and wipe it on the top portion of the tip, and then put an old rag over it letting the sides fall over the tip, and then grabbing both sides, and just pulling back and forth. This generates a lot of heat, and also polished the tip VERY well and quickly. To polish wheels, I really like the Mother's Powerball, a drill, and my Mag Polish. Just dab some on all the spokes, turn on your Powerball, and go at it. Works very well, and gets in *most* places in the wheels.

No comments: