Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The last time I tried to do a full paint detail on my car, it took all weekend and I didn't even finish, what do I do now?!

In a forum I frequent, this question was asked, and I found it one that is very important to address. Yes, detailing does take a VERY long time, more time than most people even want to think about. With that being said, there is not a symptom of being "too meticulous" as was mentioned in the forum, being meticulous is what makes a good detailer. This was my reply to the user who asked the question:

"Youre not being too meticulous. In the world of detailing, I fail to see that there is such a symptom. With that being said, it does not sound like you're a pro, but moreso of a weekender who wants to enjoy a very clean car at the work of his own hands, which I applaud you for.However, once you detail your car a number of times (and maybe even some other people's), youll learn quicker, more efficient ways of doing things. So what Im trying to say is, as someone starting out and getting their feet wet in this endeavor, you're not alone. Just take your time, turn on some music, and enjoy the day, and your car."

No comments: